Tremont School Library started as a Station in 1899 in a basement room of the school. From 1911 until 1918 the Library operated in a wooden annex on the school grounds. The neighborhood population was Polish and Ukrainian. Tremont School was renamed when Library was renamed Jefferson Branch when the Library opened a new building in 1918.
Tremont School Library (1916)chris1012020-03-29T01:09:39+00:00